In this fast-paced world it can be very difficult to find the time or energy to tick off all those items on your ‘to-do’ list, or let your creative juices flow and make something…let alone give yourself a pat on the back if you manage to do so!
The “I Made It! Monday” weekly blog event gives you the chance to take stock of the week that was and share your greatest (or favourite) achievement of the previous seven days with your some of your biggest supporters – the blogging community!
What can I write about?
You are welcome to interpret the “I Made It!” prompt however you like. You may wish to tell us about something you prepared or made with your own two hands – perhaps a delicious dinner the whole family enjoyed without any complaints (for once), a crafty gift you made for someone special, an assignment that you (finally) submitted, or a larger-scale DIY project that is now over and done with.
On the other hand, you may consider how you conquered those small or large goals you set for yourself, such as getting to that new café you’ve always wanted to check out, catching up with a friend you haven’t seen in the longest time, blogging more than one post in seven days, finally working up the courage to tell that person how you really feel about them, or landing that dream job or promotion you’ve always wanted.
To make it super simple, there are no set themes each week; it’s just a case of searching your memory banks until you find that “Aha!” moment and then blogging about it. No matter how seemingly trivial (a small win is a win, am I right?) or monumental your achievement is – if you finished/did/made/achieved/got through it, we want to hear about it!
It’s no secret that Monday tends to be one of the most de-motivational days of the week; hopefully recollecting your ‘wins’ from the previous seven days will give your self-esteem a little boost to help you get through the week. That, and I’m a little of an alliteration fan (fancy that)! 😉
Of course, if you are unable to upload or schedule your post on Monday, it’s not a problem at all – whichever day of the week suits you best is absolutely fine!
- Choose your proudest or favourite accomplishment(s) from the last seven days (no matter how big or small). Note: How you choose to tell us about it is up to you – use words, images, videos or even poems to your heart’s content!
- Blog about your achievement(s) using the tag #IMADEITMONDAY (or ‘I Made It! Monday’)
- Ensure you include a pingback (link) to my weekly post (or this page); alternatively, you may wish to leave a comment below with a link back to your “I Made It!” post
- Feel free to download the “I Made It! Monday” badge in order to add it to your site and/or posts
- Each Sunday I’ll post a round-up of the previous week’s contributions so we can all celebrate everybody’s excellent achievements!
Happy Blogging! 🙂